Monday, July 30, 2007

July 20th—Last day in Xining


I am still bathing in the luxury of clean sheets and toilets. Funny, Jeffrey and I have learned to really enjoy Xining. Although I never thought of staying in a hostel, this has been just perfect! It is the only place in town that has wifi access, the rooms and entire place are spotless, the staff is like family and the location is just right. There are washing machines, a lovely drying room and cold water and beer in the fridge! What more could we ask for! We have private rooms and baths as well (with western toilets).

We went out for early lunch after I hung up my few clothes on the airy sun filled patio. This is the 3rd day in a row we’ve gone to this “western” restaurant and also the 3rd day in a row I’ve had the delicious shrimp salad. It is a perfect salad: fresh red tomatoes all sliced, crispy iceberg lettuce, sweet onions, tiny slices of red peppers and the ultimate Thousand Island dressing. It is served with a warm, home-baked smelling roll and a fan of butter. After my salad, I have, again, the very best cappuccino I have ever had in my life. The coffee is strong and rich, with a layer of real whip cream that is sprinkled with tiny bits of orange peel. This entire lunch costs a total of 24 Yuen – about $4.00.

On the way to eat
The girls’ walk hand in hand down the street – they are so cute!

No comments: