Monday, July 30, 2007

July 20th

So, today I had to say good-by to Tashi. He is so grateful to have reconnected with Rinpoche – it is full circle from the life long friendship Tashi’s father had with Rinpoche’s father. What a strange and mysterious life this is. Apparently, Rinpoche has suggested that perhaps Tashi could work for him. He joyfully exclaims how his life has suddenly become about being with all these wonderful Rinpoches and Lamas.

We hug and both try not to cry. Jeffrey told me later he saw him wiping away his tears on the way down the stairs. We all seem to be leaving each other so gently and slowly. Jeffrey leaves on Sunday – he says to me, “Well, you’re down to your last wonderful man!”

And Jeffrey is wonderful! He is going out to the plaza to go dancing with Summer tonight, the cheerful and bubbly manager of the hostel. She is a radiant Chinese girl who is planning on coming to American for college.

We take our last film segment. I cry. Holding back my tears has become a major pastime for me here. Jeffrey teases that he is going to do a montage of me crying throughout Tibet.


All of these tears springing from this deep and pressurized well of gratitude!

No comments: