Monday, July 30, 2007

July 23rd

Oh, it is lovely here. I slept like a baby and woke up with this amazing feeling of spaciousness – nothing to do!

Took my time to drink my protein powder, herbs, Emergen-C, powdered wheat grass, liquid vitamins and, of course, my new bio-identical hormones. I am so grateful that I have felt so good and healthy on this trip except, of course, for all the bloating from the massive amounts of salt! At one point, in Xining my face actually started changing into a distorted roundish configuration that I barely recognized. Jeffrey and I would compare our swollen feet when we had a moment to spare.

Had a late breakfast of grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, toast and butter in the garden. So yummy!

Off to Swayambunath, Nepal’s most important Buddhist shrine and the place of the familiar all-seeing Buddha eyes that are so familiar and representative of Nepal. I catch a taxi outside of the stupa gate and now know enough to find out ahead of time a reasonable price. We haggle over 20 Rs and off we go. We arrive at the stupa after a long and vicious ride down crowded alleys and I happily give him the 20 Rupees we haggled over. I climb the 300 or so steps to the top and am overwhelmed with this amazing place.

Yes, I still have a ways to go!

1 comment:

Nita Winter said...

Dearest Celedrea,

What fun to follow your adventures on the other side of the world.

Actually been jumping around not following it chronologically. Never sure what is happening next.

So sorry to have missed your fundraiser. Left for LA and 3 weeks of training with 2 weeks notice so quite busy. Great results there. Will it share with you when you return.

Thank you so much for living your purpose. It is an inspiration for us all.

Love,

Nita Winter